2023 Legislative Agenda Setting Process
The Alliance’s annual Legislative Agenda is crafted in partnership with early childhood organizations that are advancing policy solutions through the legislative process.
The Alliance Steering Committee invites proposals by organizations for consideration during the Alliance’s Agenda-setting process. Issues that are selected will make up the 2023 Legislative Agenda. The proposing organization will be established as the “lead” on legislative and advocacy strategy. See below for the process timeline and application scoring system.
Click below to download the application documents
The deadline for submissions is Thursday, September 22 at 4:30 pm by email to Alliance Executive Director, Matt Levin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alliance staff and Steering Committee members are available to help applicants with questions throughout the process. If you would prefer to submit this application verbally or through an alternative format, we would be happy to accommodate. For more information or assistance, contact Matt Levin, Alliance Executive Director, at 802-229-4281 or email@example.com.
- Early August – application process opens
- Thursday, September 22 at 4:30 pm – deadline for applications to be submitted
- October – Alliance Steering Committee meets to consider applications
- November – Alliance releases outline version of 2021 Legislative Agenda
- December – Alliance Steering Committee approves final version of 2021 Legislative Agenda
- January – Alliance publishes and distributes the Agenda to legislators and administrators
Application Scoring System
- Issue/initiative alignment with the Alliance’s mission statement and issue areas – 20 pts.
- Commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion – 10 pts.
- Benefit for Vermont children and families – 20 pts.
- Background information on policy and legislative process provided – 10 pts.
- Internal resources available (staff, volunteers, activities, etc.) – 15 pts.
- Status of legislative consideration of the issue – 10 pts.
- Collaboration with other organizations, legislators, and/or the Administration – 15 pts