There are many ways to get involved in the Alliance, including becoming a member or strategic partner, signing up for our newsletter, joining an upcoming event like Early Childhood Day at the Legislature, scheduling an advocacy training, or visiting the State House. Use the buttons below for more details and to get involved.
In general, the Alliance works to inform and engage advocates inside and outside the State House by:
- Providing timely updates and information through communications, mainly website, email and Facebook;
- Coordinating stakeholders to work together to prioritize policies that improve outcomes for Vermont’s young children through the Alliance’s Legislative Agenda Setting Process;
- Mobilizing diverse constituencies to engage with legislators and administration officials at key times during the legislative process on priorities in the Alliance’s Legislative Agenda;
- Increasing public awareness of the issues in communities through partnerships with member organizations;
- Strengthening leadership and communication skills of early childhood professionals and parents through advocacy trainings and events like Early Childhood Day at the Legislature.
“ The Hunger Free VT staff appreciates and values all that comes with partnering with the Alliance. Their thoughtful insight, ability to bring the early childhood community into every discussion, empower new advocates to use their voices, and strategic thinking are so important to our collective success.”
– Faye Mack, HUNGER FREE VERMONT